Staverton is delighted to announce that their FSC® C109599 Chain of Custody certification has been renewed following a stringent audit process by the governing accreditation body.
Safeguarding the environment is a responsibility we all share, and is taken very seriously at Staverton. We promote our environmental policy and strive to minimise the impact our business may have on the environment. We are committed to continually monitoring, reviewing and improving our social responsibility performance, which includes:
- We are committed to the principle of sustainable development and will work to preserve the quality of life in the communities in which we operate.
- We will maintain an independently registered ISO 14001 Environmental System to minimise pollution and to ensure that this policy is implemented.
- We will comply fully with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice to which we subscribe.
- We will work with the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) to trace all wood products back to their forest source and will purchase substantial and increasing volumes of independently FSC certified timber.
- We recognize the importance of global warming and will minimize energy consumption within our business and use energy from sustainable sources where possible.
- We will apply life cycle assessment techniques to minimize the environmental impacts of our activities, products and services.
- We will apply the principles of the waste hierarchy (re-design, reduce, re-use, recycle) to reduce the amount of waste produced by our business, including product at the end of its life. Our ultimate goal is Zero Waste.
- We will take actions to minimize the environmental impacts of transport movements associated with our business.
- We will ensure that all employees are aware of the environmental impacts of their activities and provide appropriate training for the tasks assigned to them.
- We will help to protect the wildlife heritage of the United Kingdom.
- We will review our environmental performance annually and set objectives and targets each year, which reflect our philosophy of continual improvement.
In conjunction with this important certification, Staverton holds the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications, is a member of the Furniture Industry Sustainability Programme (FISP) and the Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA).