Staverton are a designer and manufacturer of office furniture with a wide range of product ranges including sit-stand desks, storage units, lockers, tables, upholstered privacy screens, acoustic breakout furniture, etc. In addition to our own product ranges, we design and manufacture a number of products for third party customers. We are looking to expand our design team with a CAD design draughtsman to assist with the production and development of products.
The successful candidate will work within the design team using Solidworks to develop products and generate 3D CAD files, technical drawings, assembly visuals and bills of materials for products and parts from across the breadth of our product ranges. They will see products through from drawing to manufacture, liaising with on-site manufacturing, production and administrative personnel to answer queries and provide all the required information to facilitate manufacture. Prototyping new products and product testing will also be a required part of the role.
In addition to draughting and production responsibilities, the successful candidate will have the ability to gain an excellent knowledge of our standard products and manufacturing capabilities in order to answer general product enquiries about special products and assess the feasibility of projects. They will be responsible for the creation of product costings for product launches and special enquiries, where required.
The role may require visits to site, where appropriate, to assess site conditions, liaise with customers, assist with product installation, etc.
- Solidworks (required)
- Microsoft Excel (required)
- SWOOD (advantageous)
- 2D CAD package such as AutoCAD or DraftSight (advantageous)
The Candidate Must Have
- A technical and enquiring mind
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage own projects and deadlines
- Ability to understand product ranges and gain product knowledge
- At least 3 years working professionally in a design or draughting based role required
- Experience in furniture or related industries is not required but advantageous
- Understanding of design for manufacture using woodworking CNCs and machinery is advantageous
- Experience designing fabricated sheet metal components advantageous
The position is full-time, based at our manufacturing facility in Rotherham.
Salary will be based on seniority and experience.
To find out more or apply, please get in touch with James Barke at firstname.lastname@example.org