During the Second World War large contracts for the Ministry of Defence were undertaken but in 1946 a fire destroyed the original factory. The adjacent site was then adopted as Staverton’s home.
By the 1960s, Staverton had developed a reputation for high quality craftsmanship and securing major contracts for specialist joinery in the Middle East. This period also saw Staverton manufacturing furniture ranges for the Crown Suppliers and this developed into many contracts for Crown Court Buildings and major London hotels.By the 1980’s contemporary furniture was being manufactured to the same high quality ethos and standard as the traditional and historical bespoke furniture. The range of designs included specialist dealer floor furniture required for the ever-changing technology of the burgeoning information age.